Monday, February 2, 2009

Diet : How to Eat like a Frenchman and Stay Lean

How to Eat like a Frenchman and Stay Lean
• for Pierre's breakfast, nothing but coffee
• for his lunch, a little salad and meat and a small glass of red wine
• for his dinner, meat, poultry, or fish covered in some rich sauce, fresh vegetables,
potatoes or pasta, unbuttered bread, a glass of wine, and dessert
• absolutely nothing but water or coffee (and plenty of cigarettes) between meals
Pierre says the single glass of red wine twice a day is critical. And he may be right. A
recent study by a team of Spanish researchers found that people who drink two glasses of
wine a day are 50% less likely to exhibit cold symptoms than are nondrinkers. The study,
reported earlier this year in the American Journal of Epidemiology, looked at 4,272
people, ages 21 to 69 years old, for a year.

The diet I follow to lose weight -- the Carb Addicts diet -- is remarkably similar to the
way the Pierre eats. Fish and above-ground veggies are best … then some meat and a
little starch … wine twice a day (but only a glass each time) … and plenty of
supplements. Refined carbs (starches) are clearly the worst. And though some people can
apparently eat some of them, I can't stay lean if I eat starch more than once a day.
Instead of a cup of coffee for breakfast, I have a single boiled egg. For lunch, I eat salad
or veggies plus a small piece of fish or meat. For dinner, I consume as much as I want of
anything, including wine and dessert, but it must all be eaten within a 60-minute period.
The Italians -- also generally thin -- eat in a very similar way.

If you've had trouble keeping thin, you might want to give this eating approach a try.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a famous article.. I' m get a kick it.. proficient dispatch
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the way I ended up here, however I believed this publish was good. I do not realize who you might be however definitely you'гe going to a
well-knoωn blogger for thosе ωho аren't already. Cheers!

Check out my blog :: quote for car insurance